Free Shipping & Up to 25% Off for External Hard Drives at GadgetTown.com

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Beware The Collection Agency Tactics

Out of the blue I am now getting collection calls from an account that is almost 7 years old. I have prided myself in the fact that I have not run up debt. Yes I had some difficulty in the past but have been very careful not to repeat myself. I am imformed that I may not have enough debt for the HAMP qualifying, I just barely squeezed into the program. So if I had owed much more debt it might have been grounds for the bank to work with me in a modification because it would have significantly shifted my qualifying ratios. Instead my careful spending with no debt leaves me just within the margin of qualifying for HAMP. Now I am faced with trying to not change my financial situation. I fear if I make more income it will boost me out of the HAMP.
Other friends and family have said that they too are receiving collection calls from years old accounts. They have said that they beleive the collection companies are as desperate as the rest of the nation and are imploying all deviant tactics to scare the consumer to promising a payment.
Do not fall for the harrassment of a collection agency. You have many tools at your hand to stop them. Read the link provided to educate yourself and prevet the harrassment. Also file a complaint with the FCC
You should not be pressured into anything. Protect your rights and fight back.

Oh and by the way, I spoke with Andre yesterday and he said again he has not heard anything from Bank Of America but the in my case the "foreclosure sale is cancelled" Andre also said that he again requested acceleration of my case. I felt I had to say "well that has been done at least four times so it proves a non useful tool" I felt it had to be said out loud even though I know he felt the same. But what else can he tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment