Free Shipping & Up to 25% Off for External Hard Drives at GadgetTown.com

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Lender will not take payments...

I sat down this morning with a cup of coffee. Logged on to my laptop ready to finish writing about my mortgage history when a girlfriend called. She also was let go by the state of Ca. and is in a panic looking for work and trying to maneuver the Employment Development Dept.(EDD) I spent more then two hours on the phone with her listening to her concerns about weather she should take a job that would pay her what she is to receive in unemployment benefits but would require hours that would not allow her to search for employment in her Nursing field. In other words middle of the day and every weekend hours. It is a catch 22 does anyone have the right answer? I feel her stress through the phone. After trying to give her what supportive words I can she asks how I am doing... I explain... she gives me the best supportive words she can find and we decide to meet Friday night for coffee.
My friend said well as long as your making payments they can't sell. I informed her that Wilshire stopped accepting payments when I fell too far behind. At first I was told any payments received will go into a "holding account" until it reaches the amount due at that time would be applied to my loan. But in my situation there were times I had to keep utilities on and could not send anything in towards my mortgage loan. This is the plight on people on unemployment. It just isn't enough to go around. I so much want to send in payment I know what I can afford now that I have been back at work for sometime. What lenders don't understand is that people are living pay check to paycheck and when your financial situation has been devastated by unemployment. You are in a constant state of catch up. Every bill that you have is adding late fees each month and in some cases you are barely making a dent in the past due balances. I consider myself one of the "lucky ones" as I do not have any credit cards so I am not seeing that kind of mounting debt. But as you know there is the constant threat of having utilities shut off... So when my Wilshire finally offered me a modification, I did not have the $3,000 deposit it requested... I will explain that more in detail when I can finally get back to my mortgage time line. For now I have been missing calls from another girlfriend (a Nurse) that also was let go by The State of Ca. and is in a perpetual state of up an down moods. I try to be a rock of support for these women. I will let my brain breathe a minute from my own situation to call this friend back and give supportive words and then I will call my sister who like the rest of my family is unemployed as well as her boyfriend. I haven't talked to my sister in about a week so I need to check in. I hope I can get my mortgage time line on my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment