Free Shipping & Up to 25% Off for External Hard Drives at GadgetTown.com

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Contacting HUD for help!

With almost every phone call to Bank OF America I have been given the HUD "Housing and Urban Development" telephone number. In the beginning of my many phone calls it sounded like Bank Of America was interested in helping me with an affordable modification of my home loan. I questioned a few BOA reps "how will the HUD counselors help?, will they do more then I am doing directly with you Bank OF America?" I was told no. So I felt working directly with BOA would and should get me results as I have been through a modification once before when I left the real estate industry and returned to my past career of Nursing. I was able to negotiate directly with my lender and given an affordable modification. But with the loss of my state job I ended up in the same financial situation and it took me much longer to get back on my feet. But since I have a strong career and ultimately returned to the company I was at when I bought my home over ten years ago. I thought that would be in my favor... Well no one is looking at "history" and with the run around and having to start all over three times with Bank Of America I have called the HUD line which was ultimately useless. The HUD number I was given asks for your zip code to direct you to the nearest HUD certified Counseling office. The computer system could not find a match and essentially was no help at all. A look online gave me the nearest office. I have an appointment for 8/4/10 I want to meet in person. I was offered counseling over the phone but declined. That just feels too impersonal and my home is very personal to me. How can they counsel someone without seeing verified documents of income and debt.? I don't understand that system. I was told the counseling is free and the counselor and myself would have a three way telephone meeting with my mortgage company to try to come to a resolution. I pray this helps.

I also searched online for any open lawsuits against Bank Of America as the run around is unacceptable and something has to be done about it. I can not believe the hope I have been given only to be shocked by not qualifying.

I also sent an email to Mr. Obama about my personal experience with the company he BAILED OUT with our money. I asked for his opinion as what to do from here and questioned him about the thousands of families that did not receive help from Bank Of American and what are they to do? I told him " I do not see how any of this is helping our communities" I figure if he can answer a little girls email on her getting BULLIED at school. Then he certainly can answer my email on getting BULLIED by the banks he bailed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment