Free Shipping & Up to 25% Off for External Hard Drives at GadgetTown.com

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Still in Mortgage Hell with Bank Of America!

I haven't written in a while because it just became too depressing to think about. Oh yes I continued my weekly and sometimes bi weekly calls and I would always get the same information which is there is no "new news, your faxes have all been received and you are still in review for modification" I have been reminded each time of the HUD telephone number and that I am being reviewed for the Obama, Making Home Affordable Program. But today I call after being told on my last call that "it looks like they are getting ready to make you an offer in the MHA program by Zack" I am told I do not qualify for the modification! I am floored by this information and the tears start to well up. My heart starts to pound out of my chest I am thinking there has to be a mistake! I can pay what was originally offered and I stated this several times in my letters and telephone conversations. Who is making these decisions!? Their wrong!After going around a few times with the agent trying to make sense of what just happened. I am informed that I was initially in review #1 for an "in house B Of A" payment plan to bring my account current but did not qualify so that was canceled. #2 I was then automatically put in review for an "in house B of A loan modification which I also did not qualify for being they were trying to give me an interest rate of 2.0% but still did not qualify for and was canceled. #3 NOW and for the FIRST time I will be reviewed for Obama's Making Home Affordable Program." I am left speechless. All this time I have documented every call and with who I spoke and all have said I am being reviewed for the MHA Program. Now according to Bethany a new package was mailed on 7/21 I will need to complete everything with current debt and income information provide all supporting documents and sign everywhere and mail back asap. I am told every cancellation of one program starts new in another. Information is not shared between departments. I find this to be shocking as the departments should communicate if even to see how involved the homeowners have been trying to save their homes and provide all the information they can. How does any of this help the community?
So once all my information is received the process could take another 4 to 6 months. For all this time I could have been making payments towards my mortgage and saving interest added to my balance!
And I have to keep calling to extend my foreclosure sale date. I ask Bethany "if the company is reviewing me for another 4 to 6 months why not request a sale postponement till that time?" I am told "they can not, it can postpone anywhere from 2 weeks to indefinite." What ever happens happens essentially. So these people who work for the mortgage end of these banks are they MBA? Do they have years of experience understanding homeowners needs? I know for fact this is not the case. Just who is making this life decision for me and my family? Who is making this life decision for all of us? I know to qualify for the MHA program your mortgage payment can not be more then 31% of your gross income. I also know I should qualify for this easily. So I am terrified as to why I am not in a program.
I thought I would have been paying my mortgage by now and that Bank Of America would see I can afford some kind of payment on my home. Since I am getting the run around I am turning to my neighbor. My neighbor is in the same situation. Single mom, divorced and trying to save her home. She just two days ago told me of a reputable company working with her mortgage company to push efforts to resolving an affordable mortgage. I am going to get whatever help I can. This is not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment