Free Shipping & Up to 25% Off for External Hard Drives at GadgetTown.com

Monday, February 14, 2011

In Underwriting and Waiting Four To Six Weeks for a Hamp

I have been excited this past few days since speaking finally with both Veronica and Colby at Bank Of America. Even though they are in two separate departments, Veronica submitted my file to the Underwriter for the HAMP. Colby is working on prepping my file for an in house loan modification. I am going to have to call what I feel anxiousness and not excitement. Since there is no promise of a modification. Veronica is very kind and prompt since getting my file and has said that it will now take from submission date 2/10 another 4 to 6 weeks to receive a response in the mail as to the outcome. I am hopeful though because Veronica said If I or she has not heard anything from the Underwriter within 24 hours of submission that usually means they do not need anything else and that is a good sign. So I will keep saying my prayers at night, and periodically throughout the day too.
Now Colby is another story. This is the guy that is supposedly working with my HUD Counselor but Veronica has not heard of him and is unaware of that department that Andre said was assigned to his HUD Counseling office specifically to expedite files. Veronica said the fax number for him is a general fax number and anything received at that fax will take another few days to be uploaded in the system. I did call Colby for an update and to make sure he has everything needed. No call back yet. With Colby though I know that Andre is on it and keeps in close contact. And Veronica said she will be call Andre tomorrow, it feels good to have these three people as contacts at least something is happening.
So I wait 4 to 6 weeks and keep an eye on the sale date so as to extend it accordingly. Thankfully I have Andre also keeping watch. He really is a blessing and does take some of the stress off of me. I know he carries the weight of his clients and that must be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment